Accounting Leader, Expense & Intercompany
Location: Bangalore, India
Reports to: Shared Services Leader, Finance
Direct Reports: Yes
The Accounting Leader, Expense & Intercompany will support the establishment of, and will provide ongoing leadership for the Expense & Intercompany Accounting team at the India Shared Services Centre based in Bangalore, India. This leader will also oversee the migration of expense & intercompany accounting activities throughout EMEA and North America to the India Shared Service Centre. Upon completion, the Bangalore location will be the global hub of a network of service centres that operate under generally standard processes and procedures and utilize Oracle’s ERP software solution.
The position will require significant process expertise related to shared service centre operations. This leader will coach and develop a team of professional accountants focused on accounting support in the areas of:
The position will require extensive business partnering with our business units and effective communication across functions and with senior finance management and global operations
Accounting Leader will be responsible for the operations of the expense & Intercompany accounting team including continuous improvement of processes and internal controls as well as contributing to the overall vision for Company’s shared services evolution.
Salary : Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry : Manufacturing industry
Functional Area : Accounting
Role Category : Accounting/Finance
Employment Type : Full-Time
· Lead the establishment of the team in the India Shared Service Center including hiring and training staff, implementation of standard business processes and governance for identified processes in-scope as documented in our finance blueprint
· Manage the transition of processes from the local finance teams in the United States and Ireland (and other locations as required) to the India Shared Service Centre
· Manage performance to targeted Global Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to align with delivery of desired service level to the business
· Manage staff in accordance with Company policies and applicable local legislation, including planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems
· Integrate processes of new acquisitions into the India Shared Service Centre
· Work closely with teams across the shared services organization and in the business lines to identify and implement opportunities for efficiencies (including the ERP IT team)
· Manage ongoing expense accounting finance operations while also taking on ad hoc projects
· Self-motivated, independent and hands on attitude
· Strong communication skills with the ability to work with cross-functional management (operations, sales, etc.) and senior finance management.
· Ability to build a positive rapport with personnel throughout the global organization.
· High sense of urgency and ability to identify creative solutions to advanced, time sensitive problems by balancing achievement of process objectives with practical considerations.
· Strong customer service focus, with a drive to ensure that we exceed the expectations of our customers.
· Ability to establish & implement processes and perform in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong ability to pursue best practices in back-office operations, commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles and challenges in a time-sensitive environment.
· Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities while remaining calm and effective under pressure.